We provide a range of information within this section.

Readers may find it useful to check out the FA advice provided on their website – Click here

 How do I  report any concerns ?


Urgent cases

If the matter is urgent consideration should be given to contacting the Police or Social services by someone who has such a concern.

Club Welfare officers

Any other issues or concerns around Child Welfare can be directed in the first instance to your Club Welfare Officer/ Club Secretary.

They in turn may contact the League Welfare Officer / Police / Social services if required.

If you do not know who your CWO is – find out asap by speaking to your Club Secretary or  Chairman or look on your club website.


What is abuse ?






Our website provides a direct link to the CEOP website.

This can be viewed on each of our webpages, offering advice support and general information.

Thinking about becoming a Welfare officer ?

FA Information – Click here

Contacting a League Welfare Officer?

If you feel it necessary & appropriate to contact a LWO directly, please consider doing so by email in the first instance and where possible ensure your club are aware of you doing so by copying them in or confirming you have spoken to them.

Check out our ‘Contact us’ section for details of LWO’s. Click here.

Northumberland FA County Welfare Officer (Part-Time role)

Gill Shields
Northumberland F.A.
Whitley Park
Whitley Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE12 9FA
Tel  & Fax 0191 2700700
e-mail Gill.shields@northumberlandfa.com
Visit the Northumberland FA website

Durham FA County Welfare officer (Full time– office hours)

Richard Hughes
Durham F.A
Riverside South
County Durham
Tel 0191 3872929
Fax: 0191 3872919
e-mail: Richard.hughes@durhamfa.com
Visit the Durham FA website